SAVE THE DATE!
WHAT: Winter Family Service Night
WHEN: Tuesday, December 4th 6:30-8:00 PM
WHERE: Clear Springs Cafeteria
WHO: All Clear Springs students and their families are welcome!
WHY: A chance during the hustle and bustle of the holiday season to spend time with your family serving our local community through kid-friendly service projects.
Activities will include:
1. Tying fleece blankets and packaging them with teddy bears and books/pictures for the Hugs From Hunter Foundation (www.HugsFromHunter.org)
2. Collecting and sorting food donations for the ICA Food Shelf. Here is the list of current ICA needs: https://www.icafoodshelf.org/current-needs. There will also be a collection box in the school lobby a few weeks prior if you can’t come on the 4th.
3. Decorating placemats and lunch bags for Meals on Wheels (meals-on-wheels.com)
4. A USED toy drive to help you clean out before the holidays and put a smile on a child’s face (sharingandcaringhands.org – guidelines to follow)
5. Fun winter crafts to be given to area senior centers (Jingle ball necklaces and door ornaments, as well as holiday greeting cards)
Looking forward to another great evening of giving and service at Clear Springs! Watch this page, Mr. Carpenter’s newsletter, and Peach Jar for more details. Please feel free to email me at Kelly.Nevermann@gmail.com if you have any questions. Thanks!
The September 25 PTO Spotlight Meeting had some great information about the various technology used at Clear Springs (and Minnetonka as a whole district)!
Ms. Miley, our Media Specialist, gave an overview of the tools the kids use and discussed which ones are available to parents. She and our PTO Presidents put together the cheat-sheet below to help you STAY CONNECTED with the school, district, and other parents!
LET’S TACKLE CANCER!
It’s Homecoming Week in the Minnetonka Schools and we’re teaming up with the Minnesota High School Football Coaches Association to raise money for the Randy Shaver Research and Community Fund!
All this week, we’re collecting donations in classrooms. All six Minnetonka elementary schools are participating. The classroom from each school with the most donations will win a Tackle Cancer autographed football and other Tackle Cancer items.
Here’s a Tackle Cancer video to play for your students: https://youtu.be/2NIFMtZd634z
Thanks for your generosity and GO TONKA!
Our Minnetonka Skipper Gear Sale is going on now and the selection is fantastic! Get Minnetonka apparel for you and your kids while raising money for Clear Springs!
What can I expect from this sale? New merchandise! An online store will be available Now – Sanday, September 16th. As the clothing is made to order: All sales are final, no returns.
How will I get my product? Items will be delivered to your child’s classroom by middle of October.
How is this sale different? This is a Clear Springs PTO fundraiser and ALL net proceeds go to our school!
Where do I shop?https://mntnkaclearspringselem2018.itemorder.com/sale
Any Questions? Contact WhitneyKollasch@gmail.com
Thanks for your support!!
Join Us on Tuesday, September 25th at 6:45p in the Media Center at Clear Springs.